Thursday, February 23, 2017

My English Lit Master's

Nobody is supposed to know this
Except maybe those running it
Mostly, education officials

I never thought I would get to this

Being kicked out of my Master's.

It isn't serious. I'm already graduating. The contradiction and the beauty lies therein, particularly. Of having submitted my graduation papers as I am notified, also, of having been kicked out by the same school in the same building. Two different secretaries. They have aged differently.

This happens as I await for my new English lit/Play directing master's programs applications. To which I might not get in, of course, as I am not a part of the wealthy bunch, but of the scholarship-waiting (or should I say relying?) crew. "How come that hurts me?," I wonder (as I sit in my bedroom, on the verge of happiness and suicidal depression.)

Hard statement, isn't it? To admit solitude?

If they knew all I wanted

Is just...

to keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment